How to Make your Waistline Survive Going Out to Eat
Society today has become more body-image focused than ever before. Americans try diet after diet and sometimes they work, but most don't. Going out to eat can hinder your weight-loss goals. At times going out to eat is unavoidable whether for a client dinner, celebration or you didn't have time to cook. Below are some ideas from choosemyplate.gov on how to cut back on the calories when going out to eat.
- Don't blow your calorie budget on liquid calories like soda. Ask for water or other drinks without added sugars
- Always ask for whole-grain bread when available
- Ask for salad dressing on the side so that you can control exactly how much you want
- Avoid fried or sauteed entrees, instead opting for grilled or steamed
- Choose a small or medium portion sizes or share with a friend
- Ask for a to go box when you order your meal and before you start eating put half away for later.
While eating out can be a challenge, especially when craving that juicy burger, fried dish, or butter laden dish, just remember these healthy eating tips to keep your diet on track.